The process of getting a dental crown doesn’t have to be tedious or time-consuming any longer. Arvada Dental Center has incorporated the latest technology in tooth restoration to make caring for your smile that much easier! This technology utilizes Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM) to quickly and accurately create ceramic tooth restorations. When you visit Dr. Bennett, Dr. Arnold or Dr. Woody for a crown, they will use CEREC technology to reduce the number of appointments needed to place a crown as well as the hassle of having to take impressions and be fitted for a temporary restoration.
The CEREC Same Day Crown Procedure:
- A medical grade computer and camera is used to take a digital picture of a prepared tooth instead of the traditional tooth impression.
- The computer converts the digital picture to a three dimensional CAD model of the prepped tooth. We can use this 3-D model to design a tooth restoration on the computer screen.
- The computer then uses the digital model of the tooth restoration and CAM to mill a perfect ceramic tooth while you wait.
- Finally, the ceramic restoration can be fitted to your prepped tooth in a matter of minutes.
Benefits of CEREC Same Day Crowns include:
- This method can be used to design any single tooth restoration such as crowns, inlays (fillings), onlays (partial crowns), and veneers.
- Most tooth restorations can be accomplished in a single office visit, which saves you time and money.
- There is no need for uncomfortable traditional impressions.
- This technology allows the color and shape of the restoration to be custom designed for your specific smile.
- CEREC same day crowns are just as durable as crowns made in an offsite laboratory.
- They often possess an even higher degree of accuracy due to the advanced computer technology used to create them.
If you are eager to get your smile restored quickly, easily and conveniently, CEREC technology can provide just that. Contact Arvada Dental Center today to get started towards your ideal smile.