At Arvada Dental Center our dentists are trained in laser dentistry. We can use laser technology like we would traditional tools as a safe and effective treatment for a wide range of dental procedures.
Essentially, a laser instrument produces a very narrow, intense beam of light energy, and we can use it to remove or shape tissue during dental procedures. We can use laser technology to perform any of the following services:
- Expose partially erupted wisdom teeth
- Manage gum tissue during impressions for crowns or other procedures
- Remove overgrown tissues
- Remove inflamed gum tissues and assist in the treatment of gum disease
- Remove or reshape gum and bone tissues during crown lengthening procedures
- Help treat infections in root canals
- Expedite teeth whitening procedures
- And more
Through the use of lasers, the dentist may not need to use a drill or administer anesthesia in some procedures, allowing the patient to enjoy a more comfortable dental experience. Lasers are also often more precise and can reduce symptoms and healing times associated with traditional therapies. In cases of diseased gum tissue or tooth cavities, lasers can reduce the amount of bacteria and control bleeding during surgery.
Laser dentistry has been around for 25 years and is a safe and widely used practice. Our dentists have vast experience and skill in laser dentistry. We can discuss with you whether laser dentistry is suitable for your procedure. Call us today to make an appointment.