Dental bonding is a procedure in which your dentist applies a tooth-colored resin material to your tooth and hardens it with a special curing light, which ultimately “bonds” the material to your tooth. Bonding is among the easiest and least expensive of cosmetic dental procedures. Dental bonding is an option for the following:
- To repair decayed teeth (composite resin fillings)
- To repair chipped or cracked teeth
- To improve the appearance of discolored teeth
- To close spaces between teeth
- To make teeth look longer
- To change the shape of teeth, as a cosmetic alternative to amalgam (silver) fillings
- To protect exposed root surfaces that have been exposed due to recession.
When you visit our office, either Dr. Bennett, Dr. Arnold or Dr. Woody, will meet with you to discuss your smile goals and use a shade guide to select the appropriate composite resin color that will match your teeth.